Effective Speaking 2022
THE AIR CADET LEAGUE EFFECTIVE SPEAKING AIMS
- To provide an opportunity for Air Cadets to increase their self-confidence; and increase their ability to reason, organize and express ideas;
- To promote the citizenship component of local squadron training;
- To provide a focus at the Local, Provincial, and National levels, to promote and encourage Air Cadets to participate in an optional activity that will provide them with an opportunity to acquire effective speaking skills through instruction and practice in a structured and competitive environment;
- To increase public awareness regarding the citizenship and leadership aspects of the Air Cadet program at the national, provincial and local levels.
The ES program strives to achieve these goals by providing a formal contest setting in which cadets can compete against other speakers and have their competence assessed at progressively higher stages of competition, commencing at Squadron level and advancing upwards through Wing, Provincial and National levels.
COMPETITION DETAILS from OPC
The Air Cadet League of Canada Ontario Provincial Committee (OPC) will again support the National Effective Speaking Program by supporting 14 Regional competitions and hosting a Provincial Competition.
- Regional Competition – March 26,2022
- Provincial Competition – April 23 2022 on You Tube
- National Competition – June 9, 2022 Saskatoon, SK (Virtual Alternative Date – Jun 04 2022)
Due to the present Air Cadet Program stand down for the safety of the cadet’s, officers and volunteers while in the present COVID 19 pandemic. We hope to hold a virtual Squadron Effective Speaking Competition February 2022.
Here are the topics for 2022:
- How can the Air Cadet experience be made more engaging in the post Covid world?
- Because we are seeing a heightened interest and travel into space, what do you see as the future of space travel?
- Should every student be required to learn at least one additional language?
- Should classes about mental health and wellness be added to school curriculum?
- What is the biggest current threat to the environment and how would you suggest we remedy it?
- Is effective speaking still relevant today in a society where social networks dictate the pace of information?
- Why is it important for youth to be engaged & involved in truth & reconciliation?
- What is the impact of social medias on youth?
- What are the biggest challenges facing youth today?
- Cadet Choice: must fit into one of these categories: Cadet Life; Science and Technology; Aviation; Canadian History or Citizenship
SIGN up cut-off date Dec 09 2021
Weekly Meeting every Wednesday or Friday Night Starting: TBD
Time: 1900 hrs to 2100 hrs
Location: Virtual platform. Please stand by for Announcement.
Contact Officer: CI Mercado email@example.com
Air Cadet League: www.aircadetleague.on.ca
The Squadron Sponsoring Committee and Staff would like to wish all cadets who are participating in this competition the best of luck, and should you have any question please do not hesitate to contact CI Mercado on Thursday Parade nights or contact her firstname.lastname@example.org