Various Dates in November
|Start Time:||See below|
|End Time:||See Below|
|Drop Off Point:||Bradford Legion|
|Pick Up Point:||Bradford Legion|
|Coordinating Details:||Cadets will attend in uniform|
Remembrance Day is an important event where Canadians reflect on the sacrifices made during times of conflict and Crisis. We are proud to support our Legion and Community by taking part in a series of events to support recognition of our Veterans and their families.
Poppy Campaign – Weekend of 2-3 November
Cadets will assist the legion with taking donations for poppies. Cadets will be placed at various locations around Bradford with poppy boxes. We are looking at two shifts and ask that every cadet take part in at least one.
- Saturday Morning 10AM – 1PM
- Saturday Afternoon 1PM – 4PM
- Sunday Morning 10AM – 1PM
- Sunday Afternoon 1PM – 4PM
*Cadets who take part in both Saturday shifts will have lunch provided.
Veterans Dinner – Saturday 2 November
Cadets will participate in hosting the Legion Veterans Dinner. There will be one shift for this activity.
- Set up and Serving of Veteran’s Dinner 6:15 – 10PM
Remembrance Day Ceremony Sunday 10 November
Cadets will participate in the Remembrance Day parade following the church service. Parents and cadets are invited to attend the church service and reception, but it is not a part of the formal cadet activity. If cadets and their parents would like to attend the service, they should be at the Anglican Church at 9:55.
- The Parade leaves the TSC plaza at 1:00PM Cadets are to arrive b y 12:30 in uniform.
- The parade will proceed to the legion for the Act of Remembrance and wreath laying.
- Parents are invited to attend the ceremony and reception at the legion and pick up their cadets (approx 2PM – 2:30)
You must be logged in to post a comment.